Maps & Route Napoleon

Adrienne Patton casamagdalenaYAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 12 11:28:31 PDT 2002

Hi, Jen -

You can probably buy the Lozano book/maps in SJPP - I
saw it for sale in several places along the way.  But
the book is unnessecarily heavy to carry in the pack.
It's better to buy it in advance, read/take notes at
home, and then just carry the map pack.

You can order it online at the following link:
http://www.stanfords.co.uk/bookdetails/bookdetails?item_code=59512

When I walked, I carried only the CSJ guide.  It
really is more than adequate, and its descriptions
were a bit more accurate than the Lozano maps.  And
the Camino Frances is generally very well waymarked.
I never found maps to be necessary.

When you check in at the SJPP refuge, the hospitalero
will give you a map of the route choices to
Roncesvalles and should be able to advise you on the
weather situation.

Ultreya!
Adrienne