Introducing myself

Ed ed_maddenaLINEONE.NET
Mon Apr 8 14:51:12 PDT 2002

Hola Laura,

Don't mean to stun you or anything but a pretty blunt question from me at
the outset:  Why do you want to walk the Camino?  Why not walk round the
fabulous Grand Canyon or somewhere further afield like the Great Wall of
China or the outback in Australia?  There are so many other terrific walks
in the world - so why the Camino?

I'm intrigued.

Best wishes,
Ed
(Ware, Herts, UK)

----- Original Message -----
From: Parrino-Byxbe, Laura
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 9:26 PM
Subject: Introducing myself

Hi.  My name is Laura Parrino Byxbe, and I have just learned about the
Camino by accidentally picking up Shirley MacLaine's audiocassette of her
pilgrimage.  It has been fascinating to listen to, and I now feel a call to
do the Camino as well.  I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and am a
self-employed career and job search coach.  I've been lurking for the past
few days, and am intrigued to read about the experiences other pilgrims have
had/are having in Spain.    I'm out of shape right now, but am beginning a
walking program so I can hopefully attempt a pilgrimage in Fall 2002 or
Spring 2003.  I speak Spanish, and am of spanish heritage through my
grandfather, and feel a strong soul-pull to the Camino.
Laura Parrino Byxbe

---