Pamplona bus to Ronscavalles??

Adrienne Patton casamagdalenaYAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 1 12:09:03 PST 2002

Hello!

You go to the Pamplona bus station at the corner of C.
Conde Oliveto & C. Yanguas y Miranda (one block west
of Plaza Principe de Viana).  The bus to Roncesvalles
is run by La Montanesa (don't expect to find the
ticket window open ever) and goes once a day at 6pm
Mon-Fri and 4pm on Saturday.  You wait for it in the
bus bay (there is no issue in Pamplona with waiting on
a street curb) and pay the driver. (Can't remember how
much it cost, but it was not more than $10 or $12.)

CSJ reports a taxi service from Pamplona to
Roncesvalles for about 30E.  It is operated by Pedro
Tellechea Luz, Tel: 948.76.00.07.

It may be more convenient to take a train from Paris
to St. Jean Pied du Port and then if you don't wish to
walk to Roncesvalles you can take a taxi there.  I
took a train from Madrid to Pamplona, a bus from
Pamplona to Roncesvalles and a taxi from Roncesvalles
to St. Jean.  The taxi leg of this day-long whirlwind,
if I remember correctly, took about a 1/2 hour and
cost somewhere around $20?  I would guess going the
other way would be the same.

Good Luck & Ultreya!
Adrienne
casamagdalenayahoo.com