what to take

Channing Thieme channingtaRCN.COM
Mon Apr 1 06:46:38 PST 2002

For the record, Pieter's list looks just about perfect to me.  I wish I'd
seen it before our trek last September.  Two points of note:
    *    The right ---light--- camera is all important, as well as easy
accessibility to it  -  such as Pieter's waist pouch.  We took what we
thought was a small Canon Z135-Zoom, noticing its weight only after
beginning the walk.  I had not thought out how to carry it, initially
missing shots by tucking it into the side pocket of my backpack, then
putting up with having it around my neck in order to have it available.  If
there is one indulgence for the Camino, make it in film, allowing yourselves
to snap that shutter to your hearts content  -  for the record.
    *    Re' the clothes pegs, before leaving for Spain a returning pilgrim
wisely advised us to use extra large safety pins instead (or as well as).
This secures the wet items to a line or window or backpack and defies the
wind.  One gets creative when finding places to dry clothes, especially when
it is raining.
    Saludos,
        Channing