Pilgrims hijacked, List in flames, Server on high alert

Charles Clasen, Training Path clasenaTRAININGPATH.COM
Mon Sep 24 10:28:56 PDT 2001

The title for this message first occurred to me about 10 days ago, when the list last became ...agitated. Events in the wider world are reflected here whether we like it or not.

It seems that the more people feel they are right, the more vehement they can become in their views. This of course evokes the equal and opposite, and matters escalate.

It is no solution to eliminate people with unwelcome views and an offensive manner of expressing them - whether from a list such as this, or from the face of the earth, as may soon be the case in Afghanistan.

Problems are reconciled on a higher (logical) level and in different terms from the ones in which they manifest. The peacemakers of history have known this.

That is why answering aggression with aggression does not resolve the problem.  Shirley MacLaine's solution for fierce dogs on her Camino  is quite different from the one expressed on this list recently:

> If a mad dog snaps at me, I do not pray for him. I whack him with a big,
heavy stick. And keep whacking.
Let's get back to Camino matters and let the military forces of the
civilised world do their job.

...and what is the job of pilgrims?

Charles Clasen