Pilgrims' nearness

Mary Hall MphweaaAOL.COM
Wed Sep 19 07:12:39 PDT 2001

Rosina, I am very glad you have not left the Listserv.  Although I rarely write, I read the mail on Gocamino every day and have learnt a lot - I am hoping to do the Camino next year.  When I first joined the list, and introduced myself, you were so warm and welcoming to me as a fellow New Yorker.  I live up on the West Side, so am not as close to Ground Zero as you are - however, I am working over in Jersey City right across from the World Trade - and changed from the subway to the Path train every morning and evening in the World Trade - but that Tuesday I came to work early and so passed through there 15 minutes before the first plane hit.  And then we unfortunately had front row seats for the horror that followed until we evacuated in a disorderly and hysterical panic after the first building collapsed.  I wish desperately that I didn't have to come here every day and look across the river to the smoke that is still drifting up.
Any way. . .please don't go anywhere. . I would miss you
Mary