Shall I go. message from a pilgrim on the camino now

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Sun Sep 16 11:24:04 PDT 2001

Dear Friends Hello,
Life is good meeting lots of interesting people and seeing many lovely
places.

The food is good, tasty although very different to home,special meal of the
region every part of the pig from ears, cheek, nose,trotters,tail and
suasages plus parts I thought it best not to ask about. Three courses
1.meat. 2.Soup. Chick peas with? followed on with pancakes with
cream,ice-cream,chocalate sauce.

The special friendships made with people from all parts of the world are
truly wonderful and never to be forgotten.
The sharing of the sorrow of recent horribble events with American friends
is hard but significant in the sharing of personal and national greif, all
people I have met on the Camino no matter where they are from
have expressed their shared greif.

Life is moving faster, much faster than hoped and I feel with the car so
much of the spirit and personal thoughts are missed. The many people Acacio
knows have added much to my days but we also miss so much of the Pilgrims
Route travelling by car but he is correct in saying it is too difficult by
donkey and cart. So many of the roads are very difficult
and now in the mountains where it is difficult with the car adds to the
imprssion. We met Thomas the Templar high up in the pass and enjoyed words
with an old local man of 84 playing his flute along the way.

Time to go but before I do my address book is missing so those who will
appreciate post cards please send you address.
Love
Howard
Hope all is well with you.
Love