Fwd: Re: our voice

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Sat Sep 15 11:41:19 PDT 2001

Ana - I agree with you about all the wrongful acts and injustices that our country and our businesses have been guilty of.  But even if you put all twenty pages on the listserve, it still doesn't add up to calling us persecutors in my book and in no way justifies terrorist acts agains our civilian population.  A persecutor is one who mistreats others because of race, religion, etc. not someone who is an economic opportunist or an uninformed jurist who gives a retarded person the death penalty. Why don't you work (in the spirit of the Camino) toward solving these political, economic and social problems and show some common sense and support our leadership in their efforts toward exterminating the terrorist threats to our society so that we don't have to waste our resources on defending our country agains external threats. Instead, we could focus on all the difficult issues you recited.
By the way, I am a lifelong liberal, but a realist when I feel threatened by evil or being attacked. Lastly, please stop putting anti-American propaganda on this site at a time like this. Howard Mendes