thank you for your support Linda

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Fri Sep 14 19:21:37 PDT 2001

As the sun sets on the west coast of the United States of America, I am
writing you my observances of this day.  At 9AM California time a prayer
service was held at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C., attended by
our current president and 4 past presidents, Clinton, Bush, Carter and Ford,
as well as members of Congress, all branches of the armed forces and
civilians of all faiths.  The service was multi-denominational -- Christian,
Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, all the faiths that represent the U.S. were
represented in the Cathedral today.

In addition, every community across this nation had services, every church
in my town was open for prayer, and there is a candlelight vigil going on as
I write this.  There is a sea of red, white and blue flags in every
neighbourhood, everywhere.

All week we have seen our friends from across the world rise to our
support -- the world powers, European nations, Russia, even China stand with
us in this difficult time.

One theme that recurs time and again in our experience of this week:  the
humanity of nations, the world community, coming together in this
magnificent show of support against a common enemy, terrorism.  It has been
strengthening, to see the world join with us in facing down that enemy, and
it has helped the citizens of the U.S. find our common voice.

This is what you should find on your list!
pieter