Fwd.: Compassion and Revenge.

Gabrielle Milanich EshlingaAOL.COM
Wed Sep 12 10:28:14 PDT 2001

Dear Peregrinas/os:

This morning, I received this message from noted author Gary Zukav.  It
offered me a bit of solace and it is in that light that I send it on to you.
He may hold some beleifs that don't exactly coincide with your own, but maybe
it can stand as another possibility. If I have offended anyone by introducing
these thoughts, I am deeply sorry.

My family still has not received word.  I continue to hope for the best.

Much love,
Gabrielle

Gary's e-mail to me:

"Dear Gabrielle,

The terror in New York and Washington forces you to choose
your reaction consciously or unconsciously. The violence that
we saw today was the consequence of unconscious choices --
choices driven by pain, fear, and desperation. Who among us
has not experienced pain, fear and desperation? Who among us
will not experience them in the future? The question of
whether they will determine your responses to the
circumstances of your life, no matter how painful, is
critical, because your future depends upon it.

I hope that these thoughts will be helpful to you.

Love,

Gary

**********************

COMPASSION AND REVENGE

The attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon are
occasions of great significance. They are opportunities for
you to feel inside, to find those parts of yourself that are
in fear, and to make the decision to move forward in your life
without fear. That is the challenge for each individual on
this planet today. The pursuit of external power – the ability
to manipulate and control – creates only violence and
destruction. The painful events in New York and Washington are
living examples of that reality.

The causal chain that created this violence is one in which
compassion and wisdom are absent. Are wisdom and compassion
present in you as you watch the television, and read the
papers? It is important to realize that you do not know all
that came to conclusion, or into karmic balance, as a result
of these events. Because you are not able to know all that can
be known about them, you are not in a position to judge them.

When you are able to look at the events of the Earth School
from this perspective, you will see clearly the central
importance of the role that you play in it. That role is this:
It is for you to decide what you will contribute to this world.
Many will be asking your opinion of these events. Each question
is an opportunity for you to contribute to the love that is in
the world or to the fear that is in the world. This is the same
opportunity that presents itself to you at each moment.

If you hate those who hate, you become like them. You add to the
violence and the destructive energy that now fills our world. As
you make the decision to see with clarity and compassion, you
will see that those who committed these acts of violence were in
extreme pain themselves, and that they were fueled by the
violent parts of ourselves – the parts that judge without mercy,
strike in anger, and rejoice in the suffering of others. They
were our proxy representatives. If you can look with compassion
upon those who have suffered and those who have committed acts
of cruelty alike, then you will see that all are suffering. The
remedy for suffering is not to inflict more suffering.

This is an opportunity for a massive expression of compassion.
It is also an opportunity for a massive expression of revenge.
Which world do you intend to live in -- a world of revenge or a
world of compassion?