FW: [ByzantineFranciscans] Wednesday's Gospel Reading

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Tue Sep 11 20:38:08 PDT 2001

By coincidence ( ) I found this in my morning post.
I forward it to you all
I hope it gives somewhat of comfort !
On the issue of praying and candles; there is the gesture in it that a
prayer is send out in love to all who are suffering and a candle is a
constant reminder of that prayer.
Pieter

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: David Foster [mailto:umbriaaairmail.net]
Verzonden: woensdag 12 september 2001 0:46
Aan: ByzantineFranciscans
Onderwerp: [ByzantineFranciscans] Wednesday's Gospel Reading

Wednesday, September 12, 2001

23rd Week in Ordinary Time

From: Luke 6:20-26

The Beatitudes and the Curses
-----------------------------
[20] And He (Jesus) lifted up His eyes on His disciples, and said:
"Blessed are you poor, for yours is the Kingdom of God.  [21] Blessed
are you that hunger now, for you shall be satisfied.  Blessed are you
that weep now, for you shall laugh.  [22] Blessed are you when men hate
you, and when they exclude you and revile you, and cast out your name
as evil, on account of the Son of Man!  [23] Rejoice in that day, and
leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in Heaven; for so their
fathers did to the prophets.  [24] But woe to you that are rich, for
you have received your consolation.  [25] Woe to you that are full now,
for you shall hunger.  Woe to you that laugh now, for you shall mourn
and weep.  [26] Woe to you, when all men speak well of you, for so
their fathers did to the false prophets."