Why did they walk?

George Greenia gxgreeaWM.EDU
Sun Sep 9 09:46:49 PDT 2001

For those interested in judicial or expiatory pilgrimage (when pilgrims
were required to perform a pilgrimage because of criminal behavior) I
authored a short piece in the February 2001 issue of the Newsletter of the
Medieval Academy of America.  The title of this admittedly more casual
essay was "The Embarrassments of Modern Pilgrimage".  I won't post it to
the list but if anyone's interested I'll send an e-copy or photocopy if you
send a postal address.

george

George D. Greenia, Editor, La corónica
Director, Program in Medieval & Renaissance Studies
Dept. of Modern Languages
College of William & Mary, PO Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA  23187-8795
gxgreeawm.edu