book re the spiritual aspect

Castillo, Judy JCastillaKDHCD.ORG
Wed Oct 31 16:47:54 PST 2001

Elyn, please tell me where I can buy a copy of your book, a signed copy if
possible.  Thanks
PS.  Do you live in or near Denver?  I will be coming there in December to
spend Christmas with my daughter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Elyn Aviva [mailto:TajminaaAOL.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 7:27 AM
To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
Subject: Re: book re the spiritual aspect

I don't know if my book will meet your needs, but Following the Milky Way: A
Pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago, 2nd edition, does discuss the nature
of
pilgrimage as a ritual process (I did my PhD in anthropology on the Camino!)
as well as the "alternative" esoteric/preChristian pilgrimage associations.
also describe my own process from a grad student researcher to becoming a
pilgrim, and I describe what a number of pilgrims told me about their own
pilgrimage--why they were going, what they experienced, etc.

Buen Camino,
Elyn Aviva