Questions from Philly planner

Maria Schell mariaschellaEARTHLINK.NET
Wed Oct 31 00:06:21 PST 2001

To The Philly Planner-
(and for those interested in Avila)- It's a wonderful city, make sure to
drive outside the walls at night when they are lit-up, it is quite a sight.
When we were there we found that our hotel was less than stellar, and the
hotel that we originally wanted to stay in was really a find.  (We had gone
in summer and it was simply booked up, and with good reason!)  Its called
"El Rastro" and it is located IN the walls.  The old in is from the 11th
century, the dinning hall is great, a real Castilian experience, you will
feel like Don Quixote.  The rooms are basic and clean.  It was pretty
inexpensive as well, although I dare not quote rates as we were there four
years ago.
    I have no idea if the telephone number is still good, but here it is
anyway.  920-21-12-18 Its from a Frommer's guide so you might try checking
the most up-to-date one and see if it is listed.
    Good Luck!
Maria
PS-make sure to have Yemas (the traditional dessert from the order of Santa
Teresa) while you are there. They are candied egg yokes, in my mind a thing
that should never been done to a poor defenseless egg yoke, but still an
experience not to be missed!