No subject

Remi Loyer loyerraCADVISION.COM
Tue Oct 23 06:22:52 PDT 2001

Hi there,
     My name is Jennifer.  I don´t really have access to the list very
     often
as I have been in Spain for 2 months.  I started the Camino on September 1
(2001) and got as far as Leon.  I sprained my ankle about 5 days before
Leon
and just kept walking.  Stupid.  So, stupid.  It has been almost a month
since I have left Leon as I was unable to continue, and am just now
starting
to feel better.  I do not want to leave Spain without finishing the Camino,
it is in my blood.  I plan on continuing around November 22nd.  I am
fearful
of the weather at this time in the mountains.  Has anybody done the Camino
in the winter.  When I was leaving Leon On Sept 26th it was already quite
cold in the morning and at night.  If anybody has done the Camino in the
winter could you share the conditions with me...?  I am wondering if I am
going to have to slog through snow, or if the slopes are navigable?  I only
got as far as Leon, so I do not know what to expect in terms of terrain.
Any info that anybody could share with me would be greatly appreciated.

Just to share my thoughts on the Camino... what an incredible experience.
Filled with so many highs and lows.  Such unbelievable beauty, if only one
takes the time to look up and see it.  To pass from valley to valley and
see
different landscapes and to know that your feet have taken you there.  To
think of those who have walked before you.. beautiful.  So incredibly rich
in history.  Yet so touristy.  I was not expecting it to be so touristy
where you are sort of treated like chattel.  The good outweighs the bad
though. In any case, I am not done with the Camino and will probably be
like
so many others that I have met along the way... and do it over and over
again.  I was inspired by so many people along the way.  We met 3 French
ladies leaving St. Jean who were approaching 90.  They were not doing the
whole Camino... but they WERE hiking up the pyrenees.  I met so many people
who had overcome many things in their life to be there.  Thank you to all
of
you who enriched my experience and inspired me.

If anybody has anything to offer me regarding conditions in winter with
regard to their own experiences, please email me at..
TrekkerJenahotmail.com
  as I don´t have access to the list.

Thank you
Jennifer Bruce

Elizabeth from New Mexico... if you are out there, please let me know if
you
made it to Santiago!  I hope so.
--
  Remi Loyer -- loyerracadvision.com