Roldan's rock

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Mon Oct 15 05:46:26 PDT 2001

Hello you all,
Last year, coming down the Pyrenees, I was saddened to see that Roldan's rock
had been despoiled of the sword and the bars with chained spiked iron balls
that had been on it  before.  Only the name, Roldan, and the dates, 778 and
1967, remained.
The arms that had been there before were copies of those used by the
Navarrese king, Sancho VII, the Strong, to break the chains that protected
the Moorish king Miramamolin's tent in the battle of Las Navas de Tolosa.
Some condemnable hooligan, or hooligans, had vandalized the rock and taken
the arms early in the summer of 2000.
This year, coming from Jaca, I did not get to see the Rock.
Does anyone in this list know whether the missing pieces have been restored?
Thanks for your answer.
Fond regards,
Rosina