Christmas in Santiago

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Fri Oct 12 16:38:38 PDT 2001

Hello you all,
......How I long to get away!
On the plane from Santiago to Madrid another returning pilgrim told me that
he had heard that sometime between Christmas and New Year's Santiago's relics
are taken from the Cathedral to another church, amidst a solemn procession,
and then returned to the Cathedral where they are received with a High Mass,
the Botafumeiro in use, a great choir  and many celebrations.
It would appear unlikely that the relics would ever be taken out of the
Cathedral, but maybe something is taken out in procession and some
celebrations do take place.
Has any of you heard anything about it?
For sometime I have wanted to spend Christmas either in Santago or Cebreiro,
and this year would appear to be a particularly appropriate time to do so.
Please tell me if you know something about this.
Thanks a lot.
Regards and blessings,
Rosina