Complaining Pilgrim

Ida Cote-Persson icoteperssonaBAK.RR.COM
Tue Nov 20 15:31:56 PST 2001

I wrote somewhat of a negative email to
Father Joseph after a particularly difficult
day coming into Leon. Here was his reply:

Complaining Pilgrim!!!!
Did you ever hear the story of this monk that join a monastery. You are only
allowed to talk once every thirty years. When the first thirty years were
over, the monk went to say his piece. He said 'bad food'. After the second
set of thirty years, he approached the Abbot. this time his two words were
''cold bed''. At the end of another thirty years, He appeared before the
Abbot and this time he had had enough so he said ''I quit''.  Whereupon, the
Abbot replied ''I am not surprised, for since you arrived here, you have
never ceased complaining !!!''.