Donkeys and the Camino

Howard Murphy HmcellardykeaAOL.COM
Tue Nov 20 02:56:51 PST 2001

In a message dated 20/11/01 06:02:12 GMT Standard Time, rirwinaUSAOR.NET
writes:

> On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:19:23 EST, Howard Mendes wrote:
>
>  >In a message dated 11/19/2001 3:34:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>  >barryevans9aYAHOO.COM writes:
>  >
>  >
>  >> I'm no saint, trust me, but on the many occassions I've been robbed
>  >> in different countries, my anger and frustration has been tempered by
>  >> the thought that perhaps the thief needed my property and/or money
>  >> more than I did
>  >
>  >C'mon now, a thief is a thief, and your excuse for a criminal activity is
>  >specious reasoning.  Don't want to debate ethics here, but your remark to
> the
>  >other Howard is not terribly considerate.  Howard Mendes NYC
>
>  Yes, two completely different views here. In my own life I try to consider
> what Jesus would have
>  done or said in whatever circumstance I was experiencing. It doesn't
always
> make me feel any better
>  at the time, but over the years it does seem to have a positive effect on
me.

>  Russ

Thanks Ross,
Only thing is I doubt if my Bank Manager and Visa Card would appreciate the
sentiments.
Those involved were well aware of my financial position plus if you are not
working and have not done since 1986 a thousand pounds sterling plus is some
loss.

My main concern now is to make others aware of the problem.
Kind regards
Howard