To Howard

Kandice M Zeman kzemanaSAS.UPENN.EDU
Fri Nov 16 05:56:25 PST 2001

Hello All,

So glad to hear that you had a good experience Howard, dispite any
difficulties.  All of the lovely photos posted during the past week have
been encouraging and uplifting.  Thanks to everyone for sharing.

I just wanted to remind everyone that in addition to "The Alchemist"
Paolo Coelho also wrote a book *about* Camino called "The Pilgrimage."
It's a lovely read that includes many suggestions for meditation along The
Road and for Life.  It's a spiritually guided journey / novel / travel
experience of sorts.  So although I suppose it is not a practical guide
book in the traditional sense (no suggestions for where to eat or what to
pack, etc), I think it is a wonderful book that explores the less tangible
aspects of the journey.  I would highly recommend it.

Buen Camino!
Kandice
kzemanasas.upenn.edu

rae zamarippa wrote:

Howard, Your brief story is beautiful despite the small bumps in the road.
I would really love to see the article and pictures of you and Paolo.  The
Alchemist has been a personal favorite of mine; I highly recommend...easy
read.  Do tell m ore of you and the author's encounter and what was your
take on these "road barriers" as they were happening.

Curious,

Rae