Pilgrim Story Gathering

Kathy Gower kathygoweraHOTMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 5 17:30:19 PST 2001

Dear once and future Pilgrims,

Just a little note about the San Francisco based gathering...it was truly an
enlightening experience, much like all of our refugio experiences:

Using the wonderful space of St. Gregory's, courtesy of our own Donald and
Maria Schell (who wrote My Father, My Daughter, about their Camino
experiences), we introduced ourselves...some 30 strong, ranging in age from
11 (who walked at 9!), to...well, you can imagine the age.

  Stories, poems, advice galore, interdispersed with Pieter Pennevis's power
point presentation and some chat room stuff.  There was a book table for
reference and even books for sale if one so desired.

There was also lots of busy and mindful sharing of common experience while
icons were being painted overhead.

We broke for lunch, the "Garlic Soup" experience of crowning colorful tables
with offerings from the "backacks".

Afterwards, warmed by comraderie, good food, wine and Torte de Santiago,
deeper and profound sharing occured about our miracles, joys, serendipities
and burdens.

Its an easy experience to follow ...just like the Camino...moved to laughter
and tears and everything in between.  We just happen to live in the Bay
Area, but a notice could be put forth from anywhere and you'll be surprised
who shows up!  Teling one's story to a group who has had similar experiences
is a profound way to incorporate one's Camino experiences.

Be well,
Kathy

Apologies for those for whom this is a repeat..