Iberia, Ruth's parkway, and bussing it

Robert E. Spenger rspengeraHOME.COM
Tue May 29 11:17:59 PDT 2001

I wondered this when I was on it, but didn't know that I was on it. I
did the whole trip wondering how I had managed to miss the dreaded
meseta that I had read such horrible things about. I met a Dutch couple
in Fisterra at the end of the trip that had the same experience. They,
too, had been unable to find the meseta. When I heard that I didn't feel
quite so dumb. Later I found out that it was those pleasant fields of
wheat that I had walked through for a day or so. Based on the
descriptions I had read, I had been looking for a Spanish version of the
Mojave, without the joshua trees and yuccas.