Shoes and over the ankle imperative

Sean Flavin harleydude395aHOTMAIL.COM
Fri May 25 07:40:38 PDT 2001

Refernce low top shoes I have done some research via friends that have hiked
the Sierra's extensively.  One friend hiked the entire Pacific Crest Trail
in 5 months and did it in a low top shoe.  Gore tex was also discussed.
What my inquires found was a comfortable very light weight shoe was best the
quote " a pound on your feet is like ten in your pack" was used.  Gore tex
is probably best in wet cooler conditions and may lead to sweating in a very
hot dry climate.  Quick drying was also a consideration.  I have no
experience on the camino and plan on hiking this summer during the hottest
months, so my plan is lightweight and very comfortable.