Shoes

Delphia Dirks delphiadaEARTHLINK.NET
Tue May 22 18:26:26 PDT 2001

I have already bought my walking ankle-high mephistos, but saw this website
in the health section of the paper today.   This is the site of the American
Council on Exercise.
http://www.acefitness.org/fitfacts   (then scroll down (way down)  to
'sneaker savvy)  gives info about selecting  walking shoes.

The second website offered was  http://www.ava.org   this is the site of the
American Volkssport Association,.. an organization that has chapters
throughout the country--and world and organizes walks for people of all
ages..... if you want to go that way.

This is a bit off the subject, but I grew up in South Dakota and believe
that the Volkssport march to Crazy Horse Monument in SD happens only once a
year.  (too much dynamite the rest of the time)   If you are not familiar
with Crazy Horse M.,,, go to   http://www.crazyhorse.org     and imagine
yourself standing beside the chin of the emerging Crazy Horse .... a valiant
American Indian.... poorly treated as were most.
This monument was the dream (and now realization)  of a great Polish
sculptor Korczak Ziolkowski, now deceased.  It has been 50 years in the
making, and moving right along.

--- I"ll stay on subject from now on!  :-)
delphia dirks