Hello and Brief Introduction

Ignacio Albarracin ignacioalbarracinaYAHOO.COM
Sat May 5 13:41:11 PDT 2001

  First of all, I just wanted to say hello to
everyone. My name is Ignacio Albarracin, and this May
I will be graduating from UT-Austin. While in college
I participated in an interdisciplinary study-abroad
program focusing on the cultural and historical
linkages between Spain and Morocco. Thus, my
experiences in Spain have been primarily limited to
Andalusia where the Islamic influence is strongest.
However, as a student of the Reconquista I quickly
learned the importance of Santiago and the pilgrimage
routes leading to his tomb in Galicia.

Before heading off to graduate school, I hope to
travel once again to Spain, this time to journey by
foot on the legendary path to Santiago de Compostela.
Hopefully, a Fullbright Scholarship will cover my
costs, but if not then I am willing to spend my own
money. For this reason, I need the advice of others on
the message board. Does anyone know how long it can
take to walk the pilgrimage routes? Are there guides?
How much would it cost (lodging, food, etc.)? Does
anyone have any suggestions about which path to take
(eg French Way, Silver Road, etc.)? When is the
best time to travel the route? Any other suggestions
or advice that anyone may have to offer would be
greatly appreciated. Also, I'm assuming this is the
ListServer, but if not then where and how does one use
the listserver? I thank you all for your time, and
eagerly await a reply. My email is
IgnacioAlbarracinayahoo.com

Regards,

Ignacio Albarracin