Dogs in the Camino

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Thu May 3 12:58:54 PDT 2001

Hello you all,
There is much information being given in the listserv from Spain about taking
dogs in the Camino:  dog backpacks, special care, food, places to stay etc.
Let me know if someone among you is thinking about taking the pooch along and
I'll translate the information and post it.
After reading that a pilgrim took her terrier (!!!!), all the way from
Roncesvalles, I had a talk with my 6 pound Maltese, Chris; he told me that
although he may be able to do without his daily dose of Animal Planet shows,
he couldn't possibly miss the  reruns of the Sopranos which will be shown,
back to back, nightly, during the Summer.
Since his wishes are my commands I guess he'll stay home next July.
My sister in law is having a special bike made to take to take her own pooch,
a 4-pound 3-year old  female Papillon named "Santi" after Santiago, (for
crying out loud!), and everyone is trying to talk her out of it.
In a much earlier message I wrote about the saga of a German woman who had
walked all the French Way with her (large) dog and her insistence that the
dog be allowed into the Cathedral to pay its respects to the Apostle (the
story had a happy ending).
Well, fond greetings to you all.
Rosina    (from a presently 91-degrees-in-the-shade-New-York-City)