ticks, mosquitoes, etc.

Jessica Hopkins jesnmochaYAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 29 15:46:03 PST 2001

Hi MaryJane and Michael,

Thanks for the responses. Being a person who spends a
lot of time in real nature, I've removed many a tick
from my dogs, and know too many folk with Lyme
disease, wanted to be prepared.

Michael, I agree with you re fair exchange with the
mosquitos. In '78 I spent 16 days in a very remote
portion of the Amazon and returned with over 400
mosquito bites; had the time of my life. Then, of
course, there is the Zen of black flies in Maine
mudseason.

Fits in with the concept of sacred reciprocity that is
the underlying foundation of life in the Andes. That's
the third world part of the world I come from. I'll
never confuse Spain for that, I'm sure.

Yes, poisonous snakes can be found just about
anywhere.

Jessica