New Arrival to the list

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Wed Mar 28 17:50:37 PST 2001

Dear Lisa,
In my opinion the best way to go to St.  Jeans is to fly (preferably Iberia)
directly from NYC to Pamplona.  The lay over in the Madrid airport is only an
hour or so. You will likely need to stay in Pamplona a day or two to get
acclimatized and get some maps and guidance. From Pamplona a pilgrim's bus
leaves every day at 6:00 p.m. for the 40 minute ride to Roncesvalles, in time
for you to get your pilgrims' passports and attend the Pilgrims' blessing
service which is very lovely and moving.  After the service you can take a
taxi (they wait there) to St. Jeans for about $6 a person. You may need to
arrange for accommodations in St. Jeans since the albergue is rather small
and usually full.
In Pamplona, in the street coming down directly from the front door of the
Cathedral, at the first corner on the right there is a pilgrims' service
where English, and other languages, is spoken and where you can have the
arrangements made from you.
I live in New York City, and in my view, and experience, this is the most
effective (time and convenience-wise) and least expensive way to do it.
If you would like more detailed information please send me a message directly.
Good wishes.
Rosina