John Wordsman, New to list

John Wordsman jwords62aHOTMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 13 07:07:37 PST 2001

Dear Friends, In my opinion May is the perfect month to walk the Camino.
April was a bit cool and rainey. We arrived in Roncesvellas on the evening
of April 14. It was cold and drizzly. The next day it cleared but the trail
was muddy. It stayed drizzly and muddy till the 19th as I recall and the
weather improved steadily on into May which was 50% beautiful and 50%
overcast, short rains,(lots of rainbows)and wonderful evening clearings. The
air smelled of eucalyptus at times or the odor of animals especially in
Galatia. A riot of wild flowers: Mustard, Poppies, Daises, all kinds of
flowers. They lined the improved paths and cheered the muddy wooded trails.
Green fields for as far as the eye can see then Purple Sage on the mountain
sides.
In the towns and cities everyone knows it is spring. Almost all of the
pilgrim related facilities are in operation but the crowds have not arrived.
AND it's too early for Mosquitoes!
Trying to tell you about it is like trying to describe joy.
And that's what it's like to walk the Camino in May.
L&Pjjjj