Celtic Connections to Brittany?

Mr Bernard Milford s560543aSTUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Fri Mar 9 23:31:23 PST 2001

And while you're at it, does anyone want to discuss the links with
Galacia? Does Galacia=Gauls/Celts?  Why is the music so interesting?

There's an interesting link between Spain and Ireland that is possibly
apocryphal but that I got from my Irish-decended mother.  When the
Spanish Amarda was chased away from England by Drake (a little) and bad
weather (a lot), many of the boats sailed a big loop across the North
Sea and then tried to sail south back to Spain.  Mum's story was that
many were wrecked on the west caost of Ireland, which caused an influx
of Spanish genetic traits into that part of Ireland.  One thig she
quoted was that there is something in the teeth that is distinctly
Spanish - but which is common in the west of Ireland.