phone calls

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sat Jun 30 14:49:06 PDT 2001

You can get phone cards, etc., but they can be  a bit of a pain in the neck.
I found it much, much easier, to load up on 100 and 500 peseta coins and use
the green public phones.  For international phone calls one drops a 500
peseta coin and a little screen then shows the time available  as the pesetas
are used up; if one wishes to continue talking, more 100 (or more) peseta
coins can be dropped. The hotels in larger towns have pay-phones in their
lobbies, which help make the calls more private and comfortable than using
the street, or restaurants' pay-phones.
The pay phones are automatic and there are no different-language problems.
To call the U.S. all you need do is dial 001 and then the area code and phone
number.
Comparing the cost of calls between phone cards' and coin-fed phones' I found
the latter to be significantly less.
Regards,
Rosina