refugios require a sleeping bag?

Edie Bennett pacificonaEARTHLINK.NET
Mon Jun 18 19:09:01 PDT 2001

Karen,

I recently returned from walking SJPP to Santiago.  I carried only a lightweight sleeping blanket, as it was much lighter and also cooler than a sleeping bag.  I don't think the refugios care much what you use to sleep in -- as long as you have something that protects you from sleeping directly on the mattress.  And especially if you're walking in August -- I think you would be more comfortable.

Buen Camino,

Edie from California

----- Original Message -----
  From: Karen Snell
  To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
  Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 6:44 PM
  Subject: refugios require a sleeping bag?

  Hi Peregrines,

  I have very much appreciated the many recent posts.  This August, my family
  (two adult children, my husband and myself) will be begin walking in St.JPdP.
   We were planning to pack lightweight sleeping blankets or mummy liners to
  sleep in, not sleeping bags.  Will we be accepted at refugios even if we do
  not have sleeping bags?
  Gracias,  Karen