Night trains in Spain

Maria Schell mariaschellaEARTHLINK.NET
Thu Jun 14 08:36:30 PDT 2001

Marty-
    As a gringa woman (as white as they come) who has travel alone a lot
around Spain I can safely say I wouldn't worry about night trains,.  I have
done them many times, the worst that happened to me was that a small bag of
mine was stolen.  (It was by the door of our compartment and we were both
asleep).  My impression is that the bunks are a bit safer, as it is harder
for random people to enter them.  One good defensive technique is to get to
know the names of the other people around you (in your compartment or
whatever) before you go to sleep, that way you form a little community of
people to watch out for you. But really no worries!  These stories get
around and rarely have any truth to them.
Ultreya!
Maria