route for pilgrims on horseback

MJ anderson mjcandersonaWORLDNET.ATT.NET
Mon Jun 4 09:10:23 PDT 2001

I have  question for any of you who have made the pilgrimage via
horse---I made the pilgrimage 1999 along the tradtional route and saw
very few pilgrims on horseback.  Did see a man with a donkey. We also
visited a restaurant that had stables and there we saw several pilgrims
with horses--a group from France.

Am contemplating horseback for the next pilgrimage, but have found
little info in English.

My main questions are:
is there a wholly separate route for pilgrims on horses?

are accomodations (feed, stables) readily available?

how does one acquire the horse? I assume people do not ship their own
animals, so is there
an organized horse leasing company?

lastly, any experience, pro or con, that any of you may have had with
horse, your insights would be much appreciated.

many thanks,
MJAnderson