San Tiago's day

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Wed Jul 25 09:47:42 PDT 2001

Hello you all,
In honor of our very dear San Tiago's day  ("Jimmy" to many of us), I thought
I would share some wealth with you:
Those of us who have been there have seen, with shopping lust, the beauty,
delicacy and differentness of the Castilian cook and table ware, and may have
been saddened by the seeming impossibility of taking it.
Well, I am very happy to be able to tell you that there is a store, right in
the little square with the fountain by the main entrance of the Burgos
Cathedral which ships directly to the U.S. or other American countries.  The
name of the store is
                 GUEMES- ARTE ESPANOL
                  Plaza de Santa Maria 3
                   Burgos, 09003              Telephone  20-37-79
I bought those ceramic soup dishes that have written "Sopa Castellana" on the
rim,
consome dishes that look like little ancient jars, and those lovely wine (or
sangria)  jars with glasses that hang from the rim, and, of course, lots of
yellow shell or yellow arrow tiles, cruzeiros, niches with San Tiago, etc.
They sent them for me (at a very reasonable cost) and, wonder of wonders they
arrived in New York City, in little wooden crates, before I did!  And nothing
was broken!
Many of my friends were so enchanted by the wine-jars-with-hanging-glasses,
that I called the store in the middle of December and ordered a few sets.
They arrived in time to be given as Christmas presents.
While aware that not everyone is attracted by such things,  I thought some of
you would welcome this bit of information.
Affectionate regards, again, on "Jimmy's" day.
Rosina