on dogs

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Fri Jul 13 18:28:53 PDT 2001

Dear friends,
I already put my coin in, but I must admit that it takes a very sturdy dog
to do the job.
I’ve seen only one Labrador (with its feet in leather “shoes” to prevent
harm from the gravel).
Trigo is a Spanish dog and did not like the heat either, but always found
streams to bath in.
However the Camino is neither for the human nor the dog “a ride in the
 park””.
So just ask yourself the question is he (and are we) up to it.
I’ve slept one night together outside with him to calm him, so you also must
be prepared to some discomfort.
Anyway, how you do the Camino I wish you all a good WAY !
Pieter