Re: Ignacio, famed eccentric woodcarver-Logroño - Najera (25km)

Howard Murphy HmcellardykeaAOL.COM
Fri Jul 6 17:01:51 PDT 2001

Dear Edie,
It certainly reads as though it is the same man.
I am sorry I forgot to include a link to the website where you will be able
to see a photograph.
The link is  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/camino
Thank you for your message I hope the information on the website confirms it
is the man it will add a lot more to the memory and the pleasure of having
gained your cross in this way.

I am looking forward to making my pilgrimage in September by means of donkey
& cart with an English speaking Brazilian guide. Due to having lack of
mobility this is the only way I have of making the Camino.

If you know of anyone wanting to join AOL please ask them to contact me on
Hmcellardykeaaol.com. I am hoping to raise funds by introducing new people to
the service.
Kind regards
Howard

Howard Murphy
Scotland

pacificonaEARTHLINK.NET writes:
<< Subj:Re: Ignacio, famed eccentric woodcarver-Logroño - Najera (25km)

 Howard, could this person, Ignacio, be the same one giving out hand-carved
 crosses to pilgrims to wear to Santiago?

 I was walking through Logrono in early May, on the way out of town, when a
 very slight-built, older man drove past, made a U-turn, double-parked his
 car on the busy street, ran over to me and hung a large hand-carved wooden
 cross around my neck.  He said he'd made it himself and asked me to wear it
 to Santiago (which I did, on my backpack)  Could this be the same guy?

 Edie from California >>