New Member

Ana Young ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM
Wed Jan 24 05:50:09 PST 2001

Hi Terry, and welcome to the list! It's great that
you're doing the Camino as a second-time pilgrim.
That's what I'm planning to do, too, in the fall of
2001. I walked for the first time in July-August of
2000, but I had to take a bus a few times within that
period because of illness/injury, but I'm planning to
be better prepared physically this time.

I didn't take a bus to Roncesvalles but I did go to
Pamplona. A friend met me there and I stayed with him
for the night, then the next day he drove me into
Roncesvalles. There I got my Credencial and bordon,
attended the mass, had the pilgrim dinner and started
the next morning. Lovely! I don7t think a bus goes
from Madrid to Roncesvalles but there is a daily bus
from Pamplona to Roncesvalles. I think it leaves at 6
p.m. every day except holidays, and gets you there in
time for the mass. I don't know anything about St.
Jean but many other list members here do.

Once again, welcome to a second-time pilgrim!
Saludos,
Ana