New Member

Imelda Fagin imelda4aEARTHLINK.NET
Tue Jan 23 08:43:10 PST 2001

>Hola, Todo el Mundo!
>
>I am newly arrived on the gocamino list.  Last May I walked from Leon to
>Santiago.  I plan to walk again this year, starting either in St. Jean
>du Port or Roncevalles.  I hope to start at one of these two places
>about the 25th of April.  Has anyone gone from Madrid to St Jean or
>Roncevalles, and if so, how?  I'd appreciate whatever information on
>(and especially experience doing) this you have.     >Terry Keough

I flew in Madrid, got a connecting plane to Pamplona, stayed overnight and
then took a cab (about $50 or $60) to St. Jean the next day. If you arrive
in Madrid in the morning and get an early flight to Pamplona you could go
straight on to St. Jean; its about a 1 1/2 hour ride if I remember
correctly. There is a taxi stand in the main square of the old section of
the city. In St. Jean, go to the Pilgrim passport place first; they also
run a very nice refugio. If you get to ST. Jean VERY early you could start
off straight away but its a very lovely old town with a lot of pilgrim
history and you may want to recover from your jet lag. Good walking.  Imelda