Check in and out times

Ana Young ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM
Wed Feb 28 03:54:15 PST 2001

Hi Madelyn,

There sure were, especiall in July and August!
Especially once you get close to Galicia if you don't
arrive at the refugios at approximately 1-2 p.m. you
may not get a bed and you'll have to sleep on the
floor. There was even once place, and this was long
before that, in Puente la Reina, when I couldn't even
sleep on the floor, so I was sent to (thankfully) the
secondary refugio which I ended up really liking
because of the friendliness of the people, although it
was somewhawt outside of the city.

No definite time but they generally open at about 1-2
p.m. and they fill up very fast. As for checkout, I
was kicked out at 8 a.m. once in Leon when I was sick.
That's generally the time they want you out in most of
them. You won't have any problem with that, as you'll
want to start out early anyway.

I never worried. This was a pilgrimage and I decided
that if there was no room at the inn I'd have to get
another inn. So I decided that's what the hostales
were for and I made grateful use of them. I never (not
even in Madrid) paid more than 4,000 pesetas - and I
only paid that in Madrid and this was in August! The
average price I paid for hostales was 2,500 pesetas
and I was alone and never had a reservation.

Saludos,
Ana