Bathrooms on the Camino:

Preston Pittman preston_pittmanaHOTMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 26 14:03:36 PST 2001

Greetings, Jessica, et. al.
Jessica, you mentioned, in response to Linda's request for some email
etiquette, that people could monitor their own viewing by opening those
emails which seemed interesting from the subject line.  Imagine my confusion
when I opened the email labeled in the subject line : "Bathrooms on the
Camino" and found the following:

>I would definitely suggest the skipping. Although it generally causes many
>heads to turn... :)

Did that mean "skipping" while looking for a bathroom?  or "skipping" while
going to the bathroom?  It was almost as confusing as one last week also
labeled "Bathrooms on the Camino" that discussed hats.  Are hats to be used
as bathrooms when nothing else is available?

My point, joking aside, is could there be some consistency in changing the
subject line when the subject changes, so if we aren't interested in
"Bathrooms on the Camino" we don't have to open it and fear that we'll be
missing something we *are* interested in?

Also, it would just be a matter of courtesy to send personal "thank you's"
and single word agreements to the person to whom they are addressed rather
than the entire list.  I didn't look at email for only two days and when I
did, there were nearly 200 emails mainly from this and the Santiagobis list.
  Many, many of the messages were fragments of  sentences or single words
without context and I had no idea what they meant, and they were clearly
postings - one after another - by one individual.  Could these be
consolidated into one message?

I don't really think its a matter of "censoring" the list or "limiting" the
list to be courteous of the other users.  In the same vein, let me
say,please, that I don't mean this to be a personal insult or attack on
anyone and I apologize in advance if anyone takes it as such.

More pertinant to the purpose of the list serve - I, like, Jessica, am very
interested in the Black Madonna, Goose Game and Ley Line phenomena along the
Camino.  I am working on some more sources and will send them to the list in
a day or so.

pax,
Preston