GOCAMINO limitations

Robert E. Spenger rspengeraHOME.COM
Sun Feb 25 15:13:48 PST 2001

Another solution is to sign on to one of the Yahoo egroups dedicated to
the Santiago pilgrimage. Those groups can accept attachments, such as
pictures and long narratives, which are then stored in the archives for
a while for viewing.The key URL is:

The two groups that I know of at this time are Santiagobis and
Way-of-Santiago. Each of these can be found by doing a search for the
name of the group from the yahoo groups web page. To subscribe to any
yahoo group, it is necessary to establish a yahoo identity for access.
It is not necessary to set up a yahoo e-mail account. To join a group,
click on the highlighted name of the group and you will get a new page,
with a box on the right hand side that says: Join this group! This is
highlighted and clicking on it will lead you through the process of
joining.

Many of the members of GOCAMINO are already members of one or both of
the Yahoo groups named above. All three of them were established to fill
in the gap left when the UCLA listserv was closed down.

A search for just Santiago, that I tried a few minutes ago, turned up a
list of 174, so if you have time you might want to check out some of
these many others. Not all of them are concerned with the pilgrimage,
but the descriptions are clear about the purposes of each group.