Fw: Rejected posting to GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU

christopher hewitt chew6087aHOTMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 25 14:18:13 PST 2001

II. NUTS AND BOLTS
1. To unsubscribe:
To remove yourself from this listserv, send a regular e-mail message to t=
he
following address:
Listservalistserv.uri.edu
In the message area, write only:        Unsubscribe gocamino
Make sure your automatic signature is turned off.
If this does not work, you may write list owner Linda Davidson  _privately_ .
Do NOT send unsubscribe messages to the listserv itself.

2. Number of messages:
One potential problem is overuse of "gocamino." The listserv at UCLA was
quite popular and active. The University of Rhode Island (URI) limits our
number of postings per day. I don't believe that we'll top their limit, b=
ut
please reduce unnecessary non-germane discussions, comments, personal
queries by addressing them to the specific individual(s). In short, if th=
e-mail contains substantive information, then it should appear on
"gocamino." If it's a private comment, then it's a private e-mail. That
means the "thank-you's" and the "I agree completely" messages should go
directly to the individual.
Reminder: When you hit "reply" to a listserv message, your reply goes to
all subscribers. Please attentive to the "send to" message line, and send
private replies directly to the individuals.

3. Length of messages:
Given the amount of interest in things Santiago and in the previous
listservs, we expect to have many subscribers. Remember that each time yo=
members. That puts a strain on their facilities for the other 16,000
members of the URI community. Therefore, please,
a. try to limit your e-mails to 750 words
b. no attachments
c. no color
d. no fancy scripts (they render the messages unintelligible to many
computers. That means, unfortunately, no accent marks)
e. A word about      pictures     and     diaries.
Most of us have trekked the pilgrimage road and our experiences are an
indelible part of our being. We find ourselves wanting to share pictures
and sections of our diary with others. Unfortunately, this listserv canno=
accommodate long narrations. Solutions? Refer others to your web site. As=
interested readers to contact you privately. Send your diary excerpts out
to the confraternity bulletins for possible publications. "Friends of the
Road" accepts unsolicited manuscripts from members. The British
Confraternity may do likewise. Many popular  magazines and journals are n=
ow