Ley Lines

Elyn Aviva TajminaaAOL.COM
Sun Feb 25 08:48:41 PST 2001

Ley lines are a fascinating topic, whether they are "real" or not... They
first became popular in the 1920s when an Englishman named Alfred Watkins
noticed the straight-line alignments of ancient sites and churches in
England. Numerous maps have been plotted showing these alignments. There is a
statistical problem, however, having to do with chance, coincidence, the
number of such sites in a small area, etc.

Later, in the 1960s, another Englishman named John MIchell mapped this
concept onto the world at large, sort of like a semiconductor circuit. Some
earth-mystery folks describe standing stones (the very large megalithic
erections) as "earth accupuncture"!

More recently, some of the earth-energy folks have done a lot of work on
these topics, proving, disproving, whatever. And we mustn't forget the Feng
Shui connection! Which is just to say that the Chinese have developed an
elaborate system of channeling and shifting earth-related energies.
Some sources:
_The New Ley Hunter's Guide_, Paul Devereux, 1994; Gothic Image Publ.,
Glastonbury.
_The New View Over Atlantis_, John Michell, 1993; Thames and Hudson.
_Re-Visioning the Earth_, Paul Devereux, 1996; Fireside.

Some of the literature about the Camino also talks about energy lines, most
notably the works by Charpentier.
As an aside: I was visiting the amazing Church of the Grail in the forest of
Broceliande, in NW France. The energy in the place was really astounding, and
I said as much (or gestured as much) to the tourist director. She smiled and
said (I translate): "Telluric current. One goes down the nave, the other
across under the altar. They meet at the altar and Whoosh! A telluric chimney
of energy!"

I personally tend to approach these things as a skeptic, but over the years
as the experiences mount, I realize that skepticism can be its own belief
system. Experiences happen. I never felt the energies on the Camino that
Shirley and some other pilgrims talk about, but I have felt suprising things
in some specific locations on the Camino.

Hope this provides information of some interest to someone.
Buen Camino,
Elyn