walking stick

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Sat Feb 24 05:08:58 PST 2001

Hi Alice,
It's I think a personal preference, but I did like to have one on slippery surfaces, just to have an extra foot. I got an old branch out of the woods in Aubrac France and it served me well till I got to Ciraqui, where I met Pablo, who provides wooden special sticks and does walking "lessons". So there I changed and kept it till Santiago, never regretted it ( yes to have left it in Santiago). There are also these telescopic things, weighs nothing !
I'm in favor !
Pieter from Holland
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alice Engelstad
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2001 6:20 AM
  Subject: walking stick

  Hello everyone,
  For the calendar, I plan on starting the trek the last week in April and
  finishing sometime during the first week in June. Although I feel pretty
  prepared, in large part due to this e-group(thank you!)I also feel like i'm
  forgetting something.  I think part of that is just letting go into the
  unexpected once I arrive.  I am so excited!!!
  O.k., one question:  is the walking staff necessary or is it personal
  preference?

  Alice