Certificate requirements

Elyn Aviva TajminaaAOL.COM
Fri Feb 23 21:17:16 PST 2001

ABSOLUTELY you must walk the entire last section. When I was there in 1997
and 2000, I heard very sad stories about people who had walked 100 kms or
more, but not the entire final last 100 kms, and they were refused the
certificate. One fellow was a Japanese priest; they'd hopped and skipped (!)
along the Camino, walking, taking buses, etc., but walked more than 100 kms.
However, they skipped (literally) part of the last 100 because of time
constraints. The priest in the Pilgrims' Office offered to give him a
different certificate, one that was an acknowledgement of his journey but
definitely not THE certificate.
Buen Camino,
Elyn