Visa question from U.S.A.

Jessica Hopkins jesnmochaYAHOO.COM
Thu Feb 22 13:59:06 PST 2001

Hi folks, here's a situation/question that may be too
unusual for others to have had a similar experience,
but I'll try:

Situation: After burning out on my (17 year, very
stressful) career, I decided to live on my savings for
a year and reframe/evaluate my life, heart, soul....
One answer that came up for me was to walk the camino.

Also, I'm a resident alien in the U.S. and travel on a
Peruvian passport. Alan Garcia gave us all a bad name
as he stayed in Spain WAY past his visitor's visa
date. Now I'm trying to get my visa for my 1st of May
departure for the Camino (Yes, I'm getting VERY
excited). The Spanish Consulate General in my area
does not like it that I do not have a job or steady
income (though I do have enough to satisfy their
demand that I have $80 per day in the bank for each
day I plan to be in Spain, but JUST).

They propose that I write a letter to the Consulate
General, but they do not give a clue as to what sort
of info they want or that will satisfy their
misgivings.

Question: Anybody have a similar situation? Consulate
experience? Useful info?

In advance, thank you. This is very important to me.
Love, Jessica