Water Water everywhere

Jim Anderson revjimaTACONIC.NET
Mon Feb 19 13:02:26 PST 2001

Water is the one thing I had to carry that I did not economize upon. I never
ran out but I also never had to worry. I carry a 1.5 liter water bottle. It
got low once on the meseta. I drank orange juice in the morning before I set
out and always drank when I felt thirsty.
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu]On Behalf Of
Imelda Fagin
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 1:32 PM
To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
Subject: Water Water everywhere

What advice do people give for how much water to drink. When I arrived in
Roncesvalles, I was advised to drink A LOT before setting out each day and
they just top off as I went along. On the other hand, some people say NOT
to drink too much or only when thirsty. Water is heavy. One liter weighs
about 2 pounds. The only place I really almost ran out was that first day;
I missed one of the two fountains along the route. Other thoughts about
water?   Imelda