bicycling the Camino

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Thu Feb 8 15:29:59 PST 2001

Prof. Degianis (?) old list-serv had a quasi correspondent in Spain, Ales of
Zaragoza, who provided much wonderful information about the Camino; he also
assisted  (and still does) would be pilgrims with a list of albergues, towns,
cyber-cafes, etc. His messages were in Spanish and I, and some other
subscribers, would translate them.  Before Liz and I left last Summer he sent
us all sorts of maps and lists and he told us about the 6 cyclists who died
in 1999. We also heard about them from several others while in Spain.
As far as I know Ales  continues to be extremely active in Camino affairs and
 in recruitment of hospitalarios in Spain, Mexico and Brazil.  He established
a Camino e-group list upon the demise of the old one.
His direct e-mail address is:         mediaintainaname.com
Perhaps some of the difficulties which Liz experienced with maps, etc., were
owing to the fact that she speaks neither Spanish nor Portuguese, and the
best information about bikes in the Camino is reportedly available in those
languages. I know that she is busy arranging translations for her next Camino
pilgrimage in the Summer.

Rosina