Crests, troughs, and points in between

Michael Wyatt MWyatt01aEMAIL.MSN.COM
Sat Feb 3 09:46:47 PST 2001

Again, I think the religious folks were there first--what about all the "day
of the dead" type festivals at the end of October and beginning of November,
All Saints' Day being 1 November?

-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu]On
Behalf Of Robert E. Spenger
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 8:22 PM
To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
Subject: Crests, troughs, and points in between

This item and the fact that someone pointed out that Ground hog day was
about
midway between the Winter solstice and the Spring equinox collided in my
mind
and it suddenly struck me that Ground hog day was an inflexion point on the
(approximate) sine wave of day length over time. I realize that ninety-five
percent or more of any pilgrim group will consider this to be totally blah,
but
to me it was more exciting than seeing the Eunate or the wine fountain at
Irache. I didn't visit either of those because I was too stubborn to go a
few
kilometers extra to take them in.

What is lacking is a day to honor the other inflexion point in early
November.
The old Armistice day was a bit late to fit.